These factory style replacement seat covers are the Full Set (Front and Rear), or Front Only Set, for the 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1. This upholstery is Corinthian Grain Vinyl Trim w/ Comfortweave Inserts and Accent Stripes. See below for more details about the Accent Stripe options.
- For the 1971 model year, Mach 1 Mustangs came with accent stripes on both front and rear upholstery for the Coupe and Sportsroof models. However, the Convertible models offered the option to have accent stripes on both the front and rear seats, or to have accent stripes on the front seats only (meaning no stripes on the rear seat). This option of no accent stripes on the rear seats is only available for the Convertible model; those rear seat covers will not fit the Coupe or Sportsroof models.
- Front seats are the same for all models and can be purchased separately as well.
- The Full Set (Front and Rear) includes a total of 6 pieces: 2 front seat bottoms, 2 front seat backs, 1 rear seat bottom and 1 rear seat back. The Front Only set includes a total of 4 pieces: 2 front seat bottoms and 2 front seat backs.
- This set of replacement seat covers does not include the plastic shell which goes on the back of the front bucket seats. That must be purchased separately.
- Important: Please compare your existing seats with the image we provide here. It is common for Mustang seats to be switched out from one year to the next by restorers; by comparing the image with your actual seats, you can be sure you are getting the right seat covers for your car. Don't see an image? Send us a picture of your seats and we'll help you make the right buying decision.
- Front Bucket Seat Foam Note: We offer front bucket seat foam with and without listing wires. Listing wire is where the upholstery listing channel attaches. Factory original replacement seat foam did not include listing wires (you had to re-use your existing wires or fabricate new wires), so some restorers may opt to order seat foam without listing wires to stay original. However, we offer seat foam with listing wires molded directly into the foam for ease and convenience. We recommend purchasing the foam WITH listing wires.